Monday, September 01, 2008

Lace and Crochet

I have mostly been working on my crochet by numbers portrait and celtic knot stole the past few days. There are some really good completion prizes for the Secret of the Stole iii Hint 3 this week, but there is no way I can knit that fast. The pattern has a lot of SL1, K2TOG, PSSOs in it which always slow me down and are a pain to tink. So I am going really slow on that project. I added some new yarns to my stash in Ravelry. I went ahead and listed the individual Alice Starmore Hebridiean colorways from my Glenesk kit and the Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn that I bought - finally used my discount coupon from the Rockin' Sock Club. I earned another Loopy Ewe $25 bonus, I think I am going to buy patterns this time. I earned it purchasing some new colorways of Baruffa Cashwool and a skein of Perchance to Knit. I am going to knit another dimple shale scarf in one of my new yarns, and perhaps a narrower feather and fan stole in the Barrufa Cashwool. Everything is coming along nicely as fars as my WIPS go, but I found two more Ravelry Lace Groups that have enabled a huge surge in the number of projects I have queued. I even got to demonstrate knitting two socks on two circular needles to a previous knitter. I am always surprised when someone who used to knit is amazed by circurlar needles. I taught myself to knit using straight and circular needles, so I never realized that circular needles were anything new or out of the ordinary. But at least three times now, past knitters have asked me about circular needles and where they are sold and such. Funny. It's like showing a kid a rotary phone I guess - reverse technology shock.

No comments: