Monday, February 14, 2011

#2 of 11 Shawls in 2011

I completed my Feb. shawl for the 11 Shawls in 2011 KAL. It was a test knit of the Make It Work! shawl pattern designed by Leslie of The KnitGirllls. I love the way it came out. The yarn is Yarn Chef Mulligatawny in the colorway Chalcedony

I completed two test knits in fact. The other one was a cowl pattern called Twisting and Twining Cowl, the designer is Lisa Beamer. Available soon on Ravelry. It is a pretty little cabled cowl. I knit it in Bugga Bog Fritillary.

I finally finished the Ardeo socks. They are so lovely, though impossible to get pictures of. The Navy blue does not allow the pretty lace to show in photos. I have also finished knitting swap shawlette number one. I am getting into number two now. I know this is excessive, but I really don't think I will be able to choose until they are both knit and blocked. I received my swap package from my pal Lemonhalf. I will make a separate post for that.

I have been in a spinning mood. I am currently spinning some gorgeous Corriedale from Red Barn Farm. I have 12 ozs of this fiber. I will be trying my first 3-ply yarn. I should be able to get decent yardage with this amount of fiber. Fingers crossed.


I have chosen 11 of my works in progress that I want to finish in 2011. Details in my Ravelry Projects.

1. Ardeo Socks ** DONE **
2. Chocolate Mint Socks
3. Cobblestone Sweater
4. Drop & Cross Scarf
5. Eiffel Tower Shawl
6. Glenesk Cardigan
7. Lazy Katy Shawl
8. Martini Scarf - Shaken Not Stirred
9. Rudolph Socks ** DONE **
10. Sockolatte Mousse Socks ** DONE **
11. Tweedy Clogs - Felted Clogs

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

#1 of 11 in 2011

I have completed the first shawl for the 11 Shawls in 2011 KAL. I knit the Stacy shawl designed by Wendy Johnson (wendyknits). I used Tempted Yarn's Lovely Grrl yarn in the colorway Renewal. I used all but 1.5 yards of the 375 yard skein. I loved working with this yarn.

This was my first blocking attempt since surgery. I managed not to poke myself, but I could not snap the blocking board pieces together properly. I could have blocked it much larger if the pieces had not kept coming apart. I could not bend forward to the center of the bed, hopefully I will be able to again soon.