Monday, September 29, 2008

Yarn-Amnesia

Okay, really now. I just got a box of yarn from Uruguay - what?!? Uruguay!! Who ordered all this yarn I wonder? It is from www.100purewool.com And even though it is 950 yards per hank of lace weight @ $8.50 per skein- which is a superb deal, I have no idea how it was ordered and sent to me. Do I have Yarn-Amnesia?? Could I have possibly put 7 skeins of pure merino yarn into a shopping cart and hit the paypal button without any recollection of having done so? Hmph, I would have to say NOOOOOo - if it hadn't happened before ;P

Just one caveat - the colors on the website are not even close to the real yarns. I will take pics this weekend (time permitted) so you can see the real deal. Nope - I am not returning it, since I would not know who to return it to (giggles).

I made some serious progress on my Hollerstaud'n Forest Canopy Shawl and I finished a Koigu Sock. I am turning the heel on the second Smores sock, so all in all a pretty good knitting weekend.

Click to enlarge, the colors are awesome!

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Ooh my goodness! Too funny @ Yarn-Amnesia AND you've done it before! Haha!

Sounds like you are doing good over there! :o)

cici said...

It must have been a Yarn fairy, just accept it and cast on. Sounds like it will make a lovely shawl. I just got the pattern for Forest Canopy. I will start it as soon as I finish up some things.:D