Monday, September 22, 2008

New WIPS Old WIPS

I cast on three new projects - I had to use the Wollmeise.

1. Forest Canopy Shawl in Hollerstaud'n
2. Tiger Eye Scarf in Sundara Black over Violet
3. Candle Flame Scarf in Buxkranzl

My neck is always cold so I figured it is time I got some coverage. The candle flame pattern is slow developing, 36 rows in one repeat. I also had to go up a needle size to a US 5, 3.75 mm to get the lacey affect I want. The Tiger Eye scarf will not require much blocking, it is coming out very nicely. Planned modification on the Tiger Eye scarf - fringe, I like running my fingers through fringe on skinny scarves and I have more than enough yarn. The Forest Canopy Shawl is the same, and the colors are coming out in interesting places. It is strange though, the beautiful midnight blue in the Hollerstaud'n is all but invisible. I cannot wait to see what this shawl looks like after a dozen or so repeats.

Other WIPS have not been ignored. I am working on the toe of my Smores sock. I am half way through the foot of the Koigu sock. I have completed another 25 rows on the Crochet by Numbers portrait, the face is starting to show. I completed the border on the Celtic Knot Stole, so I can return to the body now, I have three more knots and the other border to knit. The only project I did not get back to was the Spring Thing Shawl, I will work on that tonight.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see a photo of the Candle Flame Scarf -- that Buxkranzl is such an amazing green. I'm totally kicking myself for not trying to sign up for the Wollmeise club!

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

Hi Bev, I am doing Forest Canopy next! I also came to tell you that... You've been tagged,, see my blog for details:D