Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Starting Out Right



I have all of my Lace Yarn in hand, solids in JaggerSpun Zephyr in various weights. The Spring Shawl Surprice KAL has begun, we received Clue 1 yesterday. I am on Clue D on both of my Mystic Waters Shawls. They are getting really big - nice!!



I finished the Morning Glory Socks yesterday, so that is 33 pairs out of 52. I am stealing Stariel's idea. I have dozens of sock yarns in my stash that I have never knit with yet. Louet Gems, Duet, Fearless Fibers, Koigu, JoJoLand, Soy, Tofutsies, Felice, Risata, Bare, Shibui, Wollmeise, Cosmic Fibers, and on and on. Stariel came up with an idea on her blog, to put some skeins into bags and then pull a bag at a time, being surprised by which yarn is inside. As you go along you eventually knit with all of your different sock yarns. Jazzing up the sock knitting a little bit :) I have 19 pairs of socks left to knit to complete the 52 Pair Plunge KAL, so I am going to make up 18 surprise bags and cast on 2 pairs at a time until all the bags have been knit up. I have one pair already on the needles, which I should finish up this week, for a total of 19 pairs.

I also have some ball winding to do this weekend and photos to take. I did manage to get all of my WIP photos uploaded to Flickr (click the link in the sidebar) and on to Ravelry.

I am also starting the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 4 and I have been selected as a Prefect. I sorted into Slytherin house for a change. (Honestly I am bit tired of Red and Yellow too!!) This should be fun. I will be checking up on all of my House Mates blogs to make sure they are following the house rules ;)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You are starting the year out with a BANG!!!

Petra said...

So you are not giving up on swaps ;-)) Hopefully you get matched up good this time.

Virtuous said...

The bags of socks are a great idea and I saw your list. It is a good way to shake things up a bit!

Happy New Year Bev!!