Monday, January 21, 2008

Technical Difficulties

The Knitting Faeries obviously sent an e-mail to their cousins the Computer Gremlins. My Sister was having trouble with her CAD Drawing software and I could not access Ravelry for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!! So we went to Staples bought some memory and a system maintenance kit and attacked the problem. I never work inside of anyone's system without static wristbands, and I gave up long ago (about the time the bifocals came into my life) trying to get the screws out of the back of a laptop with a nail file. So I bought a new tool kit, grounded myself and popped another 1024 of RAM into her machine. She's flying now. I e-mailed Code Monkey Casey about my little problem and after a few minutes in the Lingr Ravelry Help Chat room I learned that the latest update of my Firewall Software does not like Ravelry. I created a little work around and it's all good now. But geez I had messages waiting over there - you know?!?

Since I could not Ravel I did get caught up on my stash photos, and I finished a couple of things. The Crochet Square Afghan pictured below and The Secret of The Stole ii Hint 1. I also bought two more 66 Quart Sterilite storage containers for my new Raven Collections Yarns and my Wollmeise.

Behold :



The stole is in Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 colorway Sable.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, the afghan is very pretty and your stole is coming nicely, great color.

Nautical Knitter said...

Your stole, hint #1, looks fab! Great job!

Jessica said...

I love that you used a form of "Ravelry" as a verb! It's the next google! :) Your work is very pretty!