Friday, January 11, 2008

Spring Shawl KAL and So Forth

I have completed Clue 1 and half of Clue 2 (pictures are clue 1 only) of the Spring Shawl Surprice pattern. I love it. I am using JaggerSpun Zephyr Main Line 2/8 in the colorway Peacock. It is a teal color, very nice to work with. I am using Addi Lace Turbos in US size 5/3.75 mm. I have got to get more of these needles with a longer cable. I swatched with US size 4/3.50mm needles and I was going to have to stretch the heck out of the shawl for the laciness I want. So I just went up one needle size. I am much happier with the laciness.



We will be starting the Secret Stole ii next week. The signups for the Hogwart's Sock Kit Swap close today so I should be getting my Slytherin's info today or tomorrow. I am looking forward to checking out their blogs!!







I received the last two cones of my JaggerSpun from Sarah's Yarns. The French Blue and Williamsburg colorways. I love my BLUEs!!. My Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Raven Collection also arrived. I have big plans for that yarn. I bought one of each in lightweight. I am sure you can guess, I will be using it for a couple of shawls/wraps, but can you guess which ones? Then you are better than me, because I cannot make up my mind LOL :D

I received my confirmations for the Rockin' Sock Club 2008 and the 2008 Year of Lace Kits. Yay!!!

I had to order some more "abridged" audiobooks. They are a bargain at less than $5.00. The unabridged versions cost $25 - $40 for the same titles. I tried podiobooks but the advertising and some of the readers just grate on my ears. One of them, which was read by the author, was a really good story, but the author's reading was horrible. I was so glad when the book ended. I spent my Barnes & Noble gift card and stocked up on several titles, most of which I have print copies of on my bookshelves.


Still having trouble with Ravelry. Sometimes I get in sometimes I don't. I have not checked Casey's blog yet but I am sure he has posted something about this. I will look later. I found a few new podcasts that I will add to my links shortly. One of them is a video podcast, which are really fun to watch.

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

Looking good looking good!

I am not sure why you are having problems with Ravelry. I have been getting in just fine *knocks on wood*