Monday, April 27, 2009

Knit for Knaught

Twisted Glenesk. When I switched to the larger needle size for the body of the sweater, I also started using a longer cable and what I found was horrifying. After a knitted cast on of 351 stitches, knitting 10 rows of chart c (351 stitches x 10) and a plain knit row with 6 increases (357) stitches and the first 4 rows of the body of the cardigan (357 x 4) I found the fabric was TWISTED. I had to rip out the entire sweater. I knit 5,646 stitches for 0 (naught).

Good I took a few nights off knitting or I would have been even further along, with even less done. I am on row 8 of the hem again, no twists, no turns, no naughts.

2 comments:

pencraftco said...

Bummer. Although, I usually find that when something like this happens, it always works out better the second time around. Can't wait to see your sweater!

pencraftco said...

Bummer. Although, I usually find that when something like this happens, it always works out better the second time around. Can't wait to see your sweater!