Friday, May 01, 2009

Mayday Mayday Mayday

Happy May Day. Also, a sad Mayday. Thanks to Crazy Aunt Purl I am a fan of the Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. Sadly a fishing vessel, the Katamai went down and only 4 of the 10 crew members survived. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and the survivors.

A few thoughts on the Glenesk Sweater. I have changed colors three times now and it is amazing how the colors blend. You can barely tell the background is progressively getting lighter as the foreground colors get darker. I love this sweater. The pattern is simple and moves very quickly. I am now on row 12 of the body. There is enough fabric to get some pictures this weekend YAY! I bow to the wisdom of the experienced knitters in the Ravelry Groups Stranded Knitting and Starmore Junkies. They are constantly trying to convince us newbies that it is not as hard and as complicated as it looks to knit fair isle. They are RIGHT. I am so glad I did not put it off any longer. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Knit Picks Sipalu and Aguona bags, they were a good practice for stranding and carrying yarns. But this sweater is the real deal. If I can manage to put the sweater down for a few hours this weekend I want to finish the back panel of Sipalu Bag 3, and another 5 rows on the Aguona bag. I added another 7 rows to the laptop bag and have 12 left before reaching the border. I need some Finished Objects, so I will probably force myself to bench Glenesk this weekend and knock those out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Glenesk. You are really the inspiration I need to get moving on that one!