Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moving On

I have completed this weeks socks and can get back to some of the more exciting projects in my WIP. I still have three pairs of Memories socks on the needles, Pansy, Cape Cod and Redwood Forest. I have turned both heels on the RF pair so they can be completed in a couple of hours. The Cape Cods are barely started. I completely forgot about the Pansy pair, I am turning the heel on sock one of that pair. I am going to work on my Monkey sock today and cast on the second Floral Lace Anklet. I am anxious to get back to my Bavarian Twisted Sock, that Inca Gold Tweed yarn is so nice!! I decided to knit a scarf or shawl with the Blue Jean yarn. I have almost 1000 yards and I don't want 2 pairs of socks in this colorway. More on that after the pattern search.

I am working on a leftovers pattern too. I will not get to try it until a few more WIPs become FOs. My WIP box is pretty empty though compared to a couple of weeks ago. It helps that Mom is back on her feet and can now use the stairs. She is becoming more independent. I just make sure I arrange everything within reach so she does not have to do any bending.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Knit Picks Memories
100 % Merino Wool
Colorway: Morning Glory
Cuff Down on Size 3 Classic Circulars
Size Medium (9-11 Women's)





I received a Knit Picks e-mail regarding new circular needle sizes available. I am going to check that out in a few minutes. I want to see how they will fit into my set. I was disappointed in the tips on the 16 inch circulars. Much too short for my hands, they dig into my palms.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

I saw you on Ebony Elite, so I'm popping in to say hello, and that I am in awe of your whole sock-a-week project. WOw!