Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

My dog child has made the conversion. A few months ago he put his rawhide mocassin in my closet with my shoes. A few days ago he left it in the middle of the floor. So on my way up the stairs I just threw back over my shoulder, you can come upstairs and watch tv with me but you have to get that mocassin out of my floor. I go in the WC and wash my hands and so forth and he comes barging in proudly wagging his tail. I come out into the bedroom and notice somethings different - he took the mocassin out on the landing and put it by his bed!!! This morning he comes in and does a little dance whole butt wagging. I figured this meant Happy Mother's Day, but just in case I was in doubt he started singing. I didn't have the heart to tell him that even though he now speaks fluent human, I still don't speak dog and - between me and you, he cannot carry a tune. But the unconditional love flows both ways, so it's all good.

Happy Mother's Day to you all, whether your child has 2 legs or 4 or something in between!!

No comments: