Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Finishing!

A couple of episodes ago Stash and Burn were discussing scheduling a finishing day. I was looking at the inside of my Kenobi Jacket thinking about how many ends I will need to work in when done. I have to add a ball of yarn about every five inches. I like using the hanging ends to keep count of balls of yarn I used in a project – I will just have to keep up with my yarn bands this time. Instead of weaving in all the yarn ends when the entire jacket is complete, I am planning to have a “finishing day” each week. Yep, every Wednesday, while I listen to Inspirational Wednesday I am going to weave in ends on all WIPs. I am also going to finish any WIP that can be completed in a couple of hours – that will probably be a sock of course. I normally listen to IW around 8 p.m. and bed down around 11 p.m. so I can finish a project in that 3 hours each week. Of course that will prompt me to get some of my WIPS to a point by Tuesday night, that they can be completed Wednesday night. Sounds like a plan. I’ll see how it goes.

I listened to Episode 2 of the Kelley Petkun Knit Picks Podcast, we are so on the same page. Kelley’s idea about progressing in knitting socks and other skills matches my experience. So I can really relate to her and her Podcast content. Can’t wait for the next episode. I plan to start knitting through the Sensational Knitted Socks book when I finish my Knit Picks Memories yarns. I have 10 socks left to knit to finish off my Memories colorways

No comments: