Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Alrighty Then

My Sockret Pal has received her goodies and acknowledged them on her blog. Lovely, lovely. I myself was bragging on my Secret Pal 9 and Sockret Pal today at Chicks With Sticks. They both selected Silk blend yarns for me and the colors are really fabulous together. I am going to use them on my next project. They are both sock weight and the needle sizes are within the same range. I am thinking a lace pattern. Hmmm cannot wait to get started - oh, but I must. I just cast on the second sock for my Sockret Pal. I have completed the cuff and I am about one inch down the leg. I will have to order more of this yarn because I absolutely love these socks. I want some too. My smores socks are nice and toasty. I still have one Grey and one Camoflauge sock to complete. Toe up just is not my thing. I can do cuff down socks in a couple of days. Now I know. . .

I just ordered the Country Hills Christmas sock yarn - all three colorways. The store bought Holiday socks I own are all too tight at the cuff. Now I can make my own and make them fit perfectly. Is that cool or what?


Okay, I know I need to address this stash thing. I actually felt bad about my stash last week. I had to move two of those collapsible hampers full of yarn out of the way to get to my sheets so I could change my bed. It was a bit overwhelming, and I thought. What am I going to do with all this yarn? I have TOO MUCH. I put the hampers back, made my bed, climbed into it with my laptop and ordered two more skeins of Socks that Rock and registered for the 2007 Socks That Rock Club. I feel better now.

No comments: