Friday, January 17, 2014

Paper Piecing Oy!

I completed the next two blocks in the Craftsy BOM 2012 class.  The technique was English Paper Piecing; not a fan.  I did not enjoy the process of making the templates, basting the fabric to them, or sewing the hexagons together.  The cutting was the easiest step - for a change.


Also, the square in the class was just two rows of hexagons in a row on the background fabric.  I did not like that at all.  One of the previous students made a flower instead, I quite liked that and copied the idea.



I am making progress on the Arm Candy sweater.  I have completed the first series of decreases for the waist shaping.



I found this block in a book.  I am going to make one for my quilt.  I am sure there will be a block that I will want to replace with something more my taste.  This block reminds me of the Griffin and Sabine books my friend Alison sent me when she lived in England.


I finished spinning the CorrieX from Carly & Ewe. Very rustic.  The singles on the Woolee Winder bobbin look so neat and pristine.  The regular bobbin looks fuller and fluffier.


No comments: