Thursday, January 09, 2014

Baby Gifts and Quilting

I am really enjoying the Craftsy Block of the Month 2012 class.  I have completed the blocks slated for January and February.  What I have learned so far: (1) cutting is not as easy as it seems and (2) you spend way more time with your iron than you do with your sewing machine.  I have already had to order additional background fabric, Kona Cotton in Snow.  One of my blocks just missed the required 12 1/2" square measurements and I had to redo it.  I am sure it won't be the last time that happens so I am looking ahead.




I also finished the bear I was making for Leon.  So together with the Little Knight hat, his baby gift for his friend is done.  I finished a bag for a giveaway and a thank you gift.  I will post pictures of them after they reach the recipients.



I finally cast on my Amy Herzog sweater for the SSK 2014 KAL #1.  The pattern was gifted to me by Jadee of the Twisted Strands podcast.  The yarn I am using has been in my stash since 2008  8-/  I am so glad to finally use it.  It is Karabella Aurora 8 in the violet colorway.

No comments: