Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spinning Right Along

This lovely box of bits and pieces arrived on Friday. This is the cute little Ashford Kiwi Spinning Wheel I ordered from the Woolery. They had their distributor Foxglove FiberArt in Bainbridge Island, WA ship it because they were closer. I got it in 4 days - amazing. It came with a Lazy Kate, 3 bobbins, and the Hi-Speed adapter kit.





There was an announcement taped on the outside of the box. What a coincidence, this is the very spinning event I am going to in June. My sister has agreed to join me. I am looking forward to it. I am going to take my Spindle, they will have wheels there for us newbies to try.


I bought the Schacht Hi-Lo Spindle from the Loopy Ewe. I am going to give it a spin as soon as I finish posting this.

Here she is all put together. I have named her after my Grandmother whose nickname was Kitty. Miss Kitty fits perfectly under my craft table right next to me. She is unfinished but I plan to paint her.



I bought a bit of fiber for practicing with.
This is Black Blue Faced Leicester from Gale's Art in the colorway Gumball 4 ozs
This is Tencel/Merino 30/70 from Ashland Bay 4 ozs
This is Superwash Merino from the Dyeing Arts. It is a Dazzling Duo in the colorway Goblin Seas 4 ozs.

I mentioned that Webs was having an Anniversary Sale - this is what I nabbed for the collection. Details and individual pictures can be seen in Flickr - there is a link in the sidebar, or even more details in my Ravelry stash list. None of these were sale items by the way, just the usual excellent 25% discount.

1 comment:

cici said...

looks like you and Miss Kitty are going to have soooo much fun♥ What color will you paint her? Off to webs I go, thanks♥