Friday, May 14, 2010

SF Ravelry Meet Up

Sunday is going to be so much fun. I have a couple of new online knitting friends to seek out. I hope we find each other!!! I also hope I nab one of the fabulous door prizes, not the one I contributed to though. Tonight I am going to do my usual Sunday chores, I will probably pull an all nighter - until my roomies tell me to go to bed and quit making so much noise. I want to try to make a couple of my 2 hour hats and key hole scarves tomorrow. Although I contributed a metric b*tt load of yarn, needles and other tools to CompassionKnit, I still want to make a few items too. They came up terribly short in finished items. I could actually part with the Noro fingerless mitts I just knit, I still have 10 or 15 skeins of that yarn. I also still have the STR Atomic #6 Cowl, I ended up not giving it as a Christmas gift.

Yep a plan is forming. I have enough Atomic #6 and Noro yarn to knit my quickie short row hats to go with the cowl and mitts. I feel better already, I will be able to give a couple of homeless teens a little warmth next winter. Or, next week, since another rain storm is due in on Monday.

For you shopaholics, and what real knitter isn't one, there are a couple of sweet treats available. The Signature Needle Arts circular needles are back in stock and The Sanguine Gryphon has yarn up pretty much constantly in every type now that she is in her new studio. Knit Picks is having another big book sale. Webs is having a big Anniversary Sale. Oh and Herrschners has some very interesting sock yarns now - they are offering 3 or 4 sock yarns with aloe or lanolin in them. I ordered the Red Heart, Heart and Sole 75 % wool 25 % nylon with aloe in Black, Navy and Ivory for the Norwegian Rose Sock KAL. Okay, I ordered some needles and Bugga too. But I did not buy any new books. I bought a couple of new patterns instead 8~}

No comments: