Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ah Karabella










I have found the perfect project for my favorite Karabella Aurora 8 yarn in Aubergine, the Kenobi Jacket designed by Norah Gaughan featured on the cover of the Spring 2007 Knitscene magazine. I have also found a substitute tweed yarn for the Bookworm Vest designed by Cheryl Oberle, found in her book Folk Vests, Dale of Norway Sisik. I cast on a pair of plain socks in Socks That Rock Highway 30 - if anything knit in STR can be considered plain. Now that the memories socks are off my needles I am making some progress on my Columbine Peak Socks from Cat Bordhi's book, Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles.

I ripped the sleeves off of my Make Track Cardigan and cast on new ones with adjusted measurements. I have knit about five inches on both sleeves. Next weekend I should be attaching this pair of much smaller sleeves and be able to complete the neck and button bands. Then I can proudly wear this warm soft sweater.
Swatches and WIPs.

No comments: