Saturday, August 09, 2008

Keeping TRACK

08/08/08
Completed 6.25 repeats of the Feather & Fan Fog Shawl (FFFS) during the opening ceremonies. Oh MY GOD, the opening ceremonies were phenomenal!!! They walked on air!!! The sheer numbers of performers was mind boggling. I love the parade of nations, that is one of my favorite parts of the Olympics. GO USA!!!

08/09/08 My DSL is down.- probably because a bazillion people are streaming the olympics from NBC.com. I switched from the Options to the Harmony Needles on the FFFS, the options were irritating my carpal tunnel scar.

New Stuff - a Girl's got have her stuff!!!

Magazines
Creative Knitting May 2008
Cast On May-July 2008
Crochet! July 2008
Knitter's Spring 2008 K90
Spin-off Summer 2008 - free trial. I don't think I will subscribe.
Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2008
Interweave Crochet September 2008 - Must make the Diamond Sage Wrap designed by Jill Wright page 26
Vogue Knitting International Fall 2008 I am looking forward to reading the article SCHOOLHOUSE ROCKS, A Tribute to 50 Years of Inspiration about Elizabeth Zimmermann. Must download the pattern for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star designed by Libby Grant from www.Elann.com - ad on page 10

Books
Wrapped in Comfort, Knitted Lace Shawls
I Can't Believe I'm Lace Knitting
Best of Interweave Knits
Couture Crochet Workshop
Knit and Purl: Harmony Guide
Lace and Eyelets: Harmony Guide
Knit So Fine
Crochet Lace
50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws
7-Day Afghans Revised

Yarn - I won't be adding these to my Ravelry Stash, I have more than enough pictures of yarn in Ravelry and Flickr!
Swish Worsted in Black, Truffle and Cashew for the Pillow Ghan/Scarf
Red Heart Classic in White, Blace, Eggshell, Tan, Warm Brown, Med Brown, Coffee for Crochet Portrait
Red Heart Super Saver in Cafe - for Crochet Portrait

Yarn Used
KP Andean Treasure 100% Baby Alpaca in Lagoon for Dimple Shale Scarf 6 balls @ 110 yards each 660 yards
Shi Bui Superwash 100% Merino Sock Yarn in Rapids colorway 2 skeins @ 191 yards about 100 yards left used 291 yards

Patterns
Pillow Ghan by Knit Picks Design Team
STR RS Club Cleopatra's Stockings by Yarnissima
STR RS Club Sweet Tart Anklet by Marilyn Kaleikilo aka Hot Flash
STR RS Club Gumdrop Socks by JC Briar
Slow Bee Mystery I by Monika Eckert
Slow Bee Mystery II by Monika Eckert
Mystic Meadows by Anna Davi
Anniversary Mystery Shawl by Renee Leverington aka Goddessknits
Charmed Floral Fantasy Shawl by Madison St. John
Tiger Eye Lace Scarf by Toni M. Maddox
Harbour Lights Shawl by Sivia Harding
Heartland Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark

My computer is mind numbingly slow without DSL, pictures and chatter when the server is back up.

No comments: