Thursday, May 01, 2008

All Set

I have been scheduled for surgery on my tumor - yay! May 21 is the pre-op exam and June 9 I go under the knife. I am almost finished with Clue D of the Mystic Waters Shawl. It is the one I chose to finish for the cruise. I will get as far as I can before surgery. Unfortunately this sucker is still growing and I cannot do simple things like blow dry my hair or write with a pen for long. Luckily I have the conference coming up which will give me a mouse free week - my laptop has a touch pad. I am really looking forward to the conference. I have received two cocktail party invitations, one for the Skybar at the top of the Hard Rock Hotel. Whohoo.

Sad news, the Mystery Lace KAL went offline. After the first clue the designer was so overwhelmed with whiners and complainers that she did not get an opportunity to post the second clue. Then she was in a car accident. Now that she is ready to proceed she has announced that to continue with the KAL we must Paypal her $10.00 because the time she is spending answering questions is cutting into her real life income. SO, I have removed myself from the Ravelry group and unsubscribed from the Yahoo group. I don't object to paid Mystery KALs, I am doing two of the Knit Goddesses Mystery Shawls. But the group is so negative and the designer so overwrought, I don't need the drama. I knit to RELAX!!!!

Today is my nephew's birthday - Mr. Lebron "Boomie" Cross is 4 years old today. Isn't he lovely? His cousin Indy sent him a birthday card and his Auntie bought him a box full of Dingos. If y'all have never bought Dingos for your dogs - DON'T. It is doggie crack. My pup checks the counter for the Dingo bag and we get no peace until we give him one. Granted they do eliminate doggie breath - but they are so ADDICTIVE. Happy Birthday Boom Boom!!!




5 comments:

Still Patrice said...

lol @ interfering with her job.
pretty dog... are dogs pretty? hmmm
Good luck with your surgery

Virtuous said...

OOh June is just around the corner!

And you made the right decision about that KAL ugh!

Enjoy your conference! :o)

bethanie said...

best of luck with your surgery!

Sheila said...

Sending you well wishes.

omly said...

*happy healing vibes*