Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Ends

I made mucho progress, not all of it in knitted fabric. I put together my plastic boxes and sorted some project yarns into them. I got GAUGE on my vest swatch. I finished one Columbine Peak sock - I know I did not have that on my to do list. I picked it up to finish the repeat I was almost finished with, and in reading the pattern I realized I only had one more repeat to knit before starting the toe decreases. Voila, next thing I know I am KPPK - Kitchnering the toe closed. I cast on three pairs of memories socks, instead of two. The deal with that is I don't like casting on - in any method. I don't like knitting cuffs - whether it's 1x1 or 2x2. So I try to get that out of the way as soon as possible. I love heels and gussets. So if I just go ahead and get all the cuffs done for the first sock - it's a breeze from there. The other thing about socks is I can't get past the mid point on the foot without wanting to have the second sock well on it's way. I have never had second sock syndrome. I manage to keep my pairs going - with the second sock usually being finished the day after the first. The three pair I just cast on are gift socks so that makes it fun too. Tomorrow night I will do the horrid 221 stitch cast on for my vest, which is knit all in one piece to the armholes. I frogged my Victorian Lace scarf. I was 3 stitches off when I finished the 4th repeat. Not too far along to see the wisdom in a new beginning. I am deleting the Zimmerman Aran from my WIP for now. I'll get back to LizZ later.

No comments: