Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Interweave Knits & Marathons End?

This is the first time I have been disappointed in my Interweave Knits magazine. I have gone through it three times and my opinion has not changed. The Spring 2007 issue is a dud. I look forward to receiving this magazine more than any other and I usually select a project from each issue - not this time. I also subscribed to Interweave Crochet, but I keep hearing different reports about when the actual issues will be coming out. What's going on at Interweave?? My goodness!!!

Confession - I jumped on board the Lime and Violet Sock yarn marathon because I love sock yarn. It is soft, gorgeous and ranges in price (from cheap cheap to outrageous). I had such a lovely collection of yarn that I thought a marathon dedicated to using it was ideal. Okay, here's the confession part - I did not read the rules. I had no idea it was for 3 months. I totaled up my mileage, 8.6 miles and made that my goal. Yep, my goal was to knit it all. Granted I have completed 3 complete pairs and 4 single socks and have begun another couple of single socks. I have knit more than one mile. BUT the marathon ends at the end of March. Geez, I wish I had glanced at the guidelines. I will continue knitting up my sock yarn anyway and I will keep my mileage meter above running. I just want to see how long it takes me to do the 8.6 miles.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

For the most part I agree with you on the most resent IK. I do like the Roza's Socks though, and will probably knit those at some point.