Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lace Style

Redemption. Oh Boy. I received my copy of Lace Style today. What can I say, it's the typical Interweave Knits Style Book. Patterns to die for, superb photography, thorough instructions and charts. The Design Notebook section is inspiring and empowering; photos, charts and techniques - Oh My!! Another Excellent Syle book - a must have for your collection.





There is a Lace Style Knit Along as well. I have selected three projects:
Page 91 Peek-A-Boo Cloche designed by Mona Schmidt- in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Tuscany
Page 21 Lily of The Valley Shawl designed by Nancy Bush - in Knit Picks Shadow Sunset









Page 27 Floral Lace Anklets designed by Evelyn A Clark - in Regia Silk Mocha









Socky Goodness post update:
Knit Picks Memories colorways
Hawaii - sock one complete, cuff of sock two started
Fly Fishing - sock one complete, cuff of sock two started
Rocky Mountain - sock one complete, cuff of sock two started
Columbine Peak in Essential Burgundy - second sock complete
Casting on:
Regia Model 4331 Silk - White
Purple Mountain Sock Color Scheme 2
Bavarian Twisted Stitch Sock Essential Tweed Inca Gold

Ahem, more Knit Picks needles arrived with my copy of Lace Style so I can knit another 3 pairs at a time. Welllll, I thought the marathon was ending March 31st aaannnnndddd I could not get the socks off the needles fast enough to knit all of the patterns I want to try. So there!! I am reading the Cable Needle Freedom book because I find using a cable needle particulaly tedious when knitting twisted stitches and cables on socks.

1 comment:

Dharmafey said...

Oh, man! That Lace Style is amazing! And I just learned cabling without a cable needle and it was easy with a very rustic wool, but not with smooth sock yarn. Wendy has a great video for traditional cabling without a cable needle on YouTube, and on my Pembrokshire Pathways socks, I needed to do it with all the stitches still on the needles. If you want to know more, email me or blog about it :) -Carrie B