Wednesday, March 03, 2010

SF Ravelry Meetup

I have settled on a couple of projects for my trip. The SF Ravelry Meetup group is doing a KAL/CAL/LAL. The idea is to wear an item designed by a Bay Area designer, or use fiber dyed or handspun locally. At first I chose the Brandywine Shawl. But I don't want to knit that on a deadline, so I have decided instead to take along and knit the Traveling Woman Shawl by Liz Abinante. It just seemed fated - the Traveling Woman shawl on a road trip to Vegas. Another thing nudging me in that direction is the yarn the shawl is shown in on the pattern. I am either going to use the Sanguine Gryphon Eidos Scylla or the Schaefer Anne Bugs I just bought. I will knit swatches in pattern to see which I like most. I need to get this yarn wound tonight. I have lots to do before we leave.

I am knitting the K2 P2 Ribbed Scarf in Stitch N Bitch Nation for Jo. She bought the most beautiful LambsPride Bulky yarn in Blue. She never even cast on, and she says she has had it since the book came out I think. Many a year. So I told her to bring it in and I would be happy to knit it up for her. She and her husband are always spoiling me with Cadburys from England (he is an Englishman and goes home every couple of years) or unbelievable butter macademia nut chocolate chip cookies from Hawaii (just had some in Jan - Yum) or See Candies. Knitting a 2x2 rib scarf is a small favor. I was happy to see the yarn, I have never knit with LambsPride so this is a treat.

I knit a new scarf for Michael for Xmas, and I am whipping this one out for Jo. Jane says she is feeling a little left out. So I will have to knit her something too. I just gave them Ravelry daily fiber bags, they thought the handles were really cool. And hey, Jane hooks me up with Swiss chocolate whenever she and her Mom go home to Switzerland for a visit. Are you starting to see a pattern here??? Yes I will knit for Chocolate. I need to check Cafe Press and see if anyone has put that on a t-shirt yet, LOL 8-D

I am deeply saddened to be leaving my Indy behind. He has gotten to an age in his life where he suffers from extreme separation and abandonment anxiety. This is probably worsened by the fact that my Mom is home with him 6 days out of the week. So whenever I have to travel he gets very upset and clingy. I have not pulled out any suitcases yet because he knows the signs. I won't pack until we have dropped him off at my Counsin's Pet Resort. That is another thing, the kennel. Since he escaped from his last two sitters and tried to bring his little self home - we are taking him to the professionals. He will be in a completely different environment. He has stayed there twice, when he was younger. You know, it's probably just me projecting. I miss him so much when I am gone.

1 comment:

PenCraft said...

I'm pet sitting for a friend who is in Europe. Thank goodness for professional pet sitters. The dog I'm watching is sweet, but still. It's hard for her having to deal with a whole new world with us (and she still goes home every evening to sleep in her own bed). As much as we hate to leave them, we booked a kennel for ours for the two weeks we'll be gone this summer. Better for all!