Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me ** OCD **

Mea Culpa.

I am so obsessive compulsive, that when I hit these waves of realization I scare myself. Okay, it is extremely obvious that I compulsively add to my yarn collection. So we'll ignore the box that came from Webs today, at least until the weekend when I can take pictures.

But the buck, the euros, and the shipping and handling don't stop there. I just looked at the THREE 5-shelf bookcases I have filled with books, pamphlets, magazines, calendars, etc. etc. etc. having to do with crochet, knitting and needlepoint. I have videos from Schoolhouse Press and dvds of Lucy Neatby. I could open a store AND a lending library. What prompted this realization?? Well I clicked on a tab in Ravelry to see which books or patterns I need for projects in my queue. I kept thinking, hmm that cover looks familiar. So I took a trip around the room pulling out titles here and there. I have them ALLL. What is disturbing is I have entered 210 books, 53 magazines, 6 booklets and 57 pdf patterns in my Ravelry library. How many would it be if I entered them all - and if there was a tab for the software (sweater, sock and math wizard - mind you), videos, cds, dvds, and all? I shudder to think.

I have two copies of Mosaic knitting and two copies of More Big Girl Knits. In my defense, they changed the cover of More Big Girl Knits, so I thought it was new. But I dare say my Library Thing subscription has let me down a bit.

Then I had to pull myself back from the brink and remember what I was looking for in the first place - oh yeah, this time it was the Muted Musician Gansey by Beth Brown-Reinsel in the Knitting Ganseys book. Yep there it is - third shelf, far right side by the door.

No comments: