Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fast and Wrong

The Olympics have been a little odd. Not as enjoyable as Lillehammer and Nagano, which I loved so much. I have not made any progress on my sweater. It has been very hard to pick it up again after so much time. I actually cast on another Clapotis and finished the transition rows between colors 3 and 4 on the Socks That Rock Charlotte's Web. The Clap and Charlotte are knitting up very fast - but it is wrong to be working on them instead of my Team Starmore Wipdown project. I plan to dedicate the whole weekend to Glenesk. I am thinking about knitting the sleeves. Then finishing the neck decreases. I would be ready to steek and seam then when I finish. We shall see. I am on section 3 of the Zauberball U Boot Clapotis and I can't seem to put it down.

Happy knitting. Oh my gosh, I almost forgot. I have been to fantasy land. Yes I hit the Sanguine Gryphon shop and indulged in some of the most gorgeous yarn I have ever bought - Eidos in the colorway Scylla . I will have to post pictures - it must be seen to be believed. I also bought a Theseus and the Minotaur Kit from a Raveler. Amazing sock pattern, well beyond my skill level. It is a stranded sock. I have done stranded knitting and I have done sock knitting, I have done a colorwork slip stitch sock that looks like stranded knitting. But I have never done a sock like this. AND AND AND it is TOE UP!!!! What was I thinking??? I'll tell you what I was thinking, I must have a pair of those socks and nobody else is going to make me any so I must make some for myself. I start myself down that road to insanity when I get these shawls off the needles, and the sweater - of course.

Bye again.

No comments: