Monday, December 14, 2009

Variation on a Textured Theme

The Textured Shawl by Olane
a free pattern on Ravelry

Textured Shawls


I have discovered a nifty little pattern that knits up very quickly. I love Karbella Aurora 8 yarn specifically for its stitch definition, so this pattern is prompting me to do some more stash busting. I chose two colors at random.

This is the original recipe. The wine colored yarn is extremely hard to photograph.DSC04994
This one I am knitting in all garter stitch and textured stitches.
DSC04962
This third one is Argosy Cashmere Silk yarn I have been holding on to for awhile. I decided to move it from my "collection" to real life.
DSC04981
I cast all of these on Saturday. The last two I have completed 3 sections. The first one I have completed 6 sections (the photo is of the first 3 sections only). I will finish the wine colored one tonight, and possibly the blue one as well. Amazing.

No comments: