Monday, February 16, 2009

Progress and Practice

I made some progress on my Black Dimple Scarf. I completed 10 4-row repeats while watching the first 2 DVDs from Bones Season 3.
Knit Picks Dimple Shale Scarf in Karabella Aurora 8

I knit a Funky Eclectic Fake Fair Isle Hat in a couple of days. I like the effect and it was another opportunity to practice stranded knitting - this time in the round. My floats and tension are much better with flat stranded knitting. I will need to cast on the laptop bag which is knitted in the round and steeked. I still cannot figure out where or why the laptop bag is steeked though. More on that later.


Noro Kureyon colorway 143A and Knit Picks 100% Merino in Coal. No knots in the Noro, but some twigs.


Hope y'all had a good Valentine's and President's Day. You would think someone with the last name LOVE would be more into V-Day, but since I worked for American Greetings Card Co, the commercialization of many holidays has really dulled my senses.

1 comment:

cici said...

Hope you also had a great V-Day. Girl you have some beautiful knitting going on. I love the scarf, but the Hat is awesome. Great job!