Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Loving It

I finished the front panel of the Sipalu Bag in the Cool (Alternate) Color Palette. OMG I absolutely love it. I will upload pictures when I get home. I just had to pick up the 240 provisionally cast on stitches last night and knit a row. I will complete the welt tonight and get started on the back panel. The coolest thing is that each row is shorter than the last so just as you start seeing the pattern develop the knitting goes faster and faster. Before you know it you are finished. There are very few ends to weave in because you only join new colors in one place, about every 6th row - there are only 40 rows in the panel. It has only taken me a few days to knit this bag - just think if I had not had to rip out 10 rows and pick up that 240 stitches again . . . . . moving on. I cannot wait to cast on another bag. I am not sure if I want to stick with the Cool Palette and knit the primary charts or if I want to switch to the Warm Palette. The biggest question is what the heck am I going to do with all this yarn? This bag uses very little yarn, I have not made a dent in it. Maybe I will cast on the laptop bag too. My poor WIP projects, they are being neglected again. I have scheduled another 4 day weekend in March, I will have to focus on my socks and scarves that weekend. I am also flirting with the idea of frogging the Kenobi Jacket. Hmm, we'll see.

Jade Starmore Glenesk Sweater kit. I have a new Ravelry friend who is also planning on knitting this sweater. She has some WIPS to finish and she wants to do a couple of practice projects too before casting on the sweater. We should be starting at just about the same time. I don't know about her, but I spent a small fortune on the kit and I wanted to make sure my stranding was near-to-perfect before delving into my Hebridean yarns.

There should be a Wollmeise Sock Club shipment on the horizon. I wonder what the colors will be. I am designing something in the gorgeous blue yarns I bought from the other German based dyer, Kristen. I cannot wait to see what her yarn looks like knit up.

I'd rather be knitting
Knitting

No comments: