Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Slipped

I cast on another new hat. Well, it was an accident actually. I logged into Ravelry to update my projects list because I finished my Black Ribbed Scarf. And while I was in there I decided to take a look-see at the hat patterns, hoping to find a good match for my scarf. One thing led to another, or should I say one pattern led to another and I came across the Funky Eclectic Fake Fair Isle hat made from Noro Kureyon and any solid worsted yarn. I have a metric B*tt load of Noro because after completing two shrugs in knotty nasty twiggy Kureyon, I swore off the stuff. Unfortunately I had purchased a sweaters worth for a project. The hat requires a single skein, SO, I cast on and knit the first 16 rounds of the pattern while watching Lost. Casting on yet another project is bad enough, but it's not the worst - I went back into Ravelry this morning to move the hat from my queue to my projects and a couple of queue spaces above it are not one - but three ribbed hats. Right. Now I remember what I went into Ravelry for in the first place - yes, 16 rounds later. I tell you I have the attention span of a . . . well, of a crafter.

No comments: