Friday, January 02, 2009

Brrr

It is wet and cold today. I ventured out to Barnes and Noble and Target to make some exchanges and pick up some essentials. I bought lots of Knitting Magazines, got some delicious caramel macchiato and showed real restraint in not strangling any parents or children screaming in the aisles. I am working on my Magnolia afghan and although I promised myself I was going to switch to a lace project today, I cannot put it down. I am on row 19 of 30 of the last section. Then a single crochet border goes around it all and I am done. I am currently using the in progress project to keep my lap warm. I am looking forward to having the whole thing completed and keeping all of me warm. My gas and electric bill is 3 times the usual amount. Sigh.

There is a Tuesday Night knitting group at the B&N now. I have contemplated going but cannot seem to get enthused about it. I did enjoy the Chicks With Sticks group at work, but I never made any progress on my projects. Several times I was the only one to show up. The other consideration is that since I don't drive I would have to impose on my roomie to drop off and pick me up. I will think on it some more.

I just finished listening to the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (translated from Swedish). Very interesting, the hardbound book was on the new arrivals table at B&N, I would have bought it if I had not already picked 6 knitting magazines and an Ott Lite. I spent much more than my store credit and gift card. However, the B Dalton across the street from my office is closing and they are at 40% off. I will take a gamble that they have a copy. It was well read by Simon Vance, but I suffered several interruptions while listening to the audiobook. I would like to read the print copy for myself.

No comments: