Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hot Fun in the Summertime

OH MY DoG it's actually hot in San Francisco. My goodness, where did all this sunshine come from? The blessing is it will probably be foggy tomorrow. I finished two socks, not a pair mind you. I finished one Duet sock and one Smooshy sock. I want to cast on my Zauberball socks for the family reunion trip so I am trying to get these two pair done. What ever happened to. . . (pick anything from the WIP list in the sidebar 8-} )? Well since the Sea Socks cruise, seeing Louise and Lee's socks I have wanted to knit some more of my own gorgeous yarn stash. So I have two pair on the go and will cast on a third pair as soon as these needles are free. Oh yeah and the baby socks I knit to go with the BSJ went so fast it was like a sock tease. I have also volunteered to knit another Forest Canopy Shawl for the annual Arkansas Picnic in San Jose Auction. They are trying to raise money to keep the picnic going, so Mom has graciously given me (the yarn I had already absconded) her Cruise Planner skein of yarn to knit a shawl. Neither of us like/wear pink so it was going to be a knitted gift for someone. Now it will be a contribution to a worthy cause. I love knitting the FCS it goes so quickly. I made flip cards of the 8 row repeat and I know how to block them with the perfect peaks now.

I need to finish the last 16 rows of the body of the Glenesk Cardigan so I can start the armholes. I don't want to take all of the colors with me to Minnesota, but it would be the perfect project for that trip. Hmmm, I will have to give that some thought.

No comments: