Monday, September 17, 2007

Down to the Feet

Fawkes in Firebird
I have picked up the gusset and begun the decreases on the second sock. Dharmafey you were right I have more than enough yarn on the size 2 needles. I will get to make something else with the other skein of STR Firebird I bought. I am sure there is something in my queue it will be perfect for.

Bellatrix
I could not resist picking her back up. I am working the heel flap on sock one now.

I Love Gansey
I gave up on the Sundara and cast them on in Regia Silk. Aw what a pleasure this pattern is with a cooperative yarn. One mistake, watching a thriller movie while working a cable stitch pattern sock. I had to rip out six rows Saturday night, but they are all back in line and I am ready to start the heels of both socks. The next Six Sox KAL pattern calls for a DK weight yarn. I will get to try the Knit Picks Swish DK or Bare DK in my collection.

So all of my sock WIPS are down to the feet. I took lots of progress pictures but since all of the socks will soon be finished projects I probably won't bother posting them. This is shawl week. I am going to work on my shawl every night so that I can block it on or before the 25th. Then I will be able to wear if for the CGOA/TKGA Banquet Saturday Night 09/29/07. I check into the Marriott Thursday and I have classes every day, I love learning new skills. I am meeting Amy either Thurs or Sun. My Sister is going to come into Oakland one night for dinner. Yay, a sister night.

If I stay off the computer again this week I should be able to finish everything in time. My Harmony Needles will be here in a day or two. Jazz hands.

No comments: