Sunday, July 03, 2011

TDF Day 2

Finished spinning the Crown Mountain Farms in the colorway As Above So Below. I am going to 2-ply it. I expect to get around 250 yards. The Highland Handmades in the colorway Solar Flare is about half done. I spun the dark orange ball of fiber and the light orange ball of fiber. Which I estimate to be about 4.2 ozs. I still have the dark yellow and light yellow balls of pre-drafted fiber to spin; they each weigh .9 ozs. This yarn will be left as singles to keep the colors as pure as possible. I do not want to cut the yardage by navajo plying it. I am going to wind the bobbin below off onto a niddy noddy tomorrow so I can soak it and set the twist. I think I am going to get major yardage out of the full 8 ozs.


I am not sure what I am going to spin next for TDF, perhaps the Julie Spins or Woolgatherings.

1 comment:

AuntSuze said...

Wow, those are beautiful! I just ordered my first drop spindle last night. Hope to one day order one of those hansen electric spinners - I think they are cool :)