Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tour de Fleece Finis

TOUR DE FLEECE 2010
Rookies 2010 and Team KnitGirllls


My Tour de Fleece accomplishments. A GRAND TOTAL OF 28 Ounces of fiber spun.

I spun the DyakCraft Batt in colorway #101 Striped and knit a One Row Handspun Scarf. 4 ozs of fingering weight.

Next I spun the Gale's Art Fibers Merino Silk blend in the colorway Proud Peacock 4 ozs. I got around 200 yards of sport weight 2 ply yarn.

For the Challenge Day I spun the Purple 70/30 Merino Tencel from Ashland Bay. I have two bobbins packed with singles which I will ply with Zephyr lace weight some time today. 4 ozs and it's currently a fingering weight.

Lastly I spun two 8 ozs 100% Corriedale tops from The Painted Tiger. The light green colorway is Seascape and the blues are Blue Lagoon. I 2 plied the two colors together for a worsted weight. So far 2 bobbins of each have yielded 172 yards. The rest will be plied later today.

My goal was just the first two bumps for a total of 8 ozs. I exceeded my goal by a whopping 20 ozs. Yay me!!!

I learned how to long draft on the wheel, change flyers, and ply. I had a fantastic Tour de Fleece.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: