Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for my family, friends, job, home, dog-child, and bit of remaining sanity.

I got to actually knit this weekend. I checked on my Ravelry messages but I stayed away from the forums, yarns and patterns. You know, it's great to have all of that there within the click of a mouse - but once I fall down that rabbit hole I don't get any knitting done ;} I did spend quite a bit of time in the iTunes podcast listings this weekend however. I searched for new knitting podcasts, some I'd heard about from my current favorite podcasters. Guess what I found, a bunch of CROCHET podcasts. Cool!!!! I will have to update my sidebar with links when I choose my favorites. I had just selected the Lion Brand Magnolia Afghan for my winter cover up so it is very appropo that I found some new Crochetcasts. A couple of them are video podcast at that.

Digression - my Michael the wonderful just put a bag on my desk. L'Occitane En Provence Lavender Shower Gel. He wanted something to soften his hands so I gave him one of my L'Occitane lotions (they come in a generous 3 -pack). I told him that I love the Amande Almond Shower Oil (thanks Miss Adrienne), but that I was dying to try the Lavender Shower Gel and voila. He bought me some. He is a wonder and a joy.

Ok, back to crafting. I am about 60 percent through my crochet portrait and I plan to finish it over the 4 day weekend (we get the Friday after Thanksgiving off). I finished quite a bit of the Tiger Eye in Sundara scarf, the current length is about a third of the length I want the scarf to be. Tonight I must finish turning the heel of my Austermann Step sock. I love the striping on this sock, I cannot wait to wear them!! I would love to share pictures, but every time I say I am going to post pictures at a certain time something happens and I don't get to. So lets just say you'll see it all eventually.

In other news, I just ordered about 20 Knitting, Crochet and Needlecraft Mystery books from Edward R Hamilton Bookseller. If you have never shopped with him, I highly recommend you check out his listings. I am not paying more than $6.95 for any of the titles and he has a flat shipping rate of $3.50. Check him out!!! Seriously !!! {whispering behind my hand} He even has two Alice Starmore books in stock for less than $20.00 each! I have been shopping with him since the 1980's, when I was a poor college student. I am a faithful customer. I always order something every year, I don't want him to go out of business - EVER.

My lunch time is over by 3 minutes, gotta skeddadle.

1 comment:

Sophia, L'Occitane USA said...

Dear Bev Love,

Thank you so much for including us in your blog post! We're so happy that you love our Lavender hand cream and trust that you're enjoying the shower gel.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

All the best,
Sophia, L'Occitane USA
http://usa.loccitane.com